S. A. Edalatpanah received the Ph.D. degree in applied mathematics from the University of Guilan, Rasht, Iran. He is currently working as the chief of R&D at the Ayandegan Institute of Higher Education, Iran. He is also an academic member of Guilan University and the Islamic Azad University of Iran. His fields of interest are uncertainty, fuzzy mathematics, numerical linear algebra, soft computing, and optimization. He has published over 100 journal and conference proceedings papers in the above research areas. He serves on the editorial boards of several international journals. He is also the Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Research in Industrial Engineering.
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=T9RX2U8AAAAJ&hl=en&oi=sra
Martin Bohner is the Curators’ Distinguished Professor of Mathematics and Statistics at Missouri University of Science and Technology in Rolla, Missouri, USA. He received the BS (1989) and MS (1993) in Econo-mathematics and PhD (1995) from University Ulm, Germany, and MS (1992) in Applied Mathematics from San Diego State University. He was a Postdoc, sponsored by the Alexander von Humboldt-Foundation, at National University of Singapore (1997) and at San Diego State University (1998). Martin Bohner is a Past President of ISDE, the International Society of Difference Equations. His research interests center around differential, difference, and dynamic equations as well as their applications to economics, finance, biology, physics, and engineering. He is
the author of six textbooks and more than 300 publications, Editor-in-Chief of six international journals, and Associate Editor for almost 100 international journals. His work has been cited more than 17000 times in the literature, including more than 5000 citations of his book “Dynamic Equations on Time Scales: An Introduction with Applications”, co-authored with Professor Allan Peterson. His h-index is 58, and his i10-index is 216. Professor Bohner’s honors at Missouri S&T include five Faculty Excellence Awards, one Faculty Research Award, and eight Teaching Awards.
- h-index: 90(Scopus)
Ji-Huan He is an expert on nonlinear science, nanotechnology, surface chemistry and biomechanics, he is the owner of some famous analytical methods, such as the semi-inverse method, the variational iteration method, the homotopy perturbation method, the exp-function method, and He’s frequency formulation. The coupled method of the homotopy perturbation method and Laplace transform is called as He-Laplace method in literature. Dr. He is also the owner of the bubble electrospinning, which is the potential technology for mass-production of various functional nanofibers. The macromolecular electrospinning proposed by Ji-Huan He and his student can well control the macromolecular orientation in a nanofiber. His geometric potential theory can explain well many boundary-induced phenomena, e.g., super-hydrophobicity and selective absorption. His two-scale thermodynamics and two scale mathematics (fractal calculus) view any a phenomenon in two different scales, in a large scale the continuum assumption works, while in a smaller scale, saying a molecule size, discontinuous phenomena occur, and the fractal calculus has to be adopted. He has published more than 400 articles with an h-index of 67, and he has been listed as a highly cited researcher by Clarivate Analytics and Elsevier for many years, and was also one of the World's Hottest Researchers.
No.228 in the world's top 100,000 scientists
the top 32nd influential scientists in mathematics in the world.
His research papers appeared in state-of-the-art applied mathematics journals. Keywords & Amer Math Soc classification codes: Stochastic analysis (37), approximations and expansions, wavelets (41), harmonic analysis (43), machine learning (60).
Sample funding history: NSF funding. Jorgensen, co-PI is, Bi-National grant, US-Israel, which
runs out in the spring of 2010-17. Held collaborative NSF grants, one collaborative USA, and
separately, a US-Israel grant. In the fall of 2009 he won a three year Collaborative Research
Proposal with Prof Dorin Dutkay as co-PI. Jorgensen co-directed the research of several of our
VIGRE graduate students. Citation numbers. As of Jan 2019, the MathSciNet list for Jorgensen
has 313 publications, and lists 2620 citations. From Google Scholar are: total citations 8710, hindex 38, and i10-index 171.
Ljiljana Cvetković, Ph.D.
Office: Second floor / 29, building DMI&DF
B.S., Faculty of Science, University of Novi Sad, 1982.
M.S., Faculty of Science, University of Novi Sad, 1985.
Ph. D., Faculty of Science, University of Novi Sad, 1987.
Full Professor, Faculty of Science, University of Novi Sad, since 1997.
Associated Professor, Faculty of Science, University of Novi Sad, 1992-1997.
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Science, University of Novi Sad, 1988-1992.
Assistant, Faculty of Science, University of Novi Sad, 1982-1988.
Systems of linear and nonlinear equations
Parallel iterative methods
Editor of proceedings:
Herceg, D., Cvetković, Lj., IX Conference on Applied Mathematics, Budva, May 30 -
June 1, 1994, Institute of Mathematics, University of Novi Sad, Novi Sad, 1995.
Herceg, D., Cvetković, Lj., X Conference on Applied Mathematics, Budva, May 29 - 31,
1995, Institute of Mathematics, University of Novi Sad, Novi Sad, 1996.
q Cvetković, Lj., International workshop Mathematics and Sport, Novi Sad, December, 12,
Numerical Algorithms, Proceedings of ALA 2005 (Benzi, M., Cvetković, Lj., Neumann,
M., Szulc, T.)
Linear Algebra Applications, Special Issue in Honor of Richard S. Varga (Cvetković, Lj.,
Frommer, A., Kolotilina, L., Szyld, D.)
Numerical Linear Algebra with Applications, Proceedings of ALA 2008
Linear Algebra Applications, Proceedings of ALA 2010 (Butkovic, P., Cvetković, Lj.,
Frommer, A., Tsatsomeros, M.)
CEJM Topical Issue "Advances in Numerical Analysis and Numerical Linear Algebra"
(Cvetković, Lj., Korotov, S., Nistor, V., Vulkov, L.)
ELA – Electronic Journal of Linear Algebra, Proceedings of MAT TRIAD 2011
(Baksalary, O., Cvetković, Lj., Puntanen, S., Bebiano, N.)
PAMM GAMM 2013
CEJM Topical Issue "Matrix properties" (Cvetković, Lj., Szulc, T., Markiewicz, A.)
Linear Algebra Applications, Proceedings of ILAS 2014 (Cvetković, Lj., Frommer, A.,
Hwang, S.-G., Šmigoc, H., Zhang, F.)
Editorial Board for the following journals:
Central European Journal of Mathematics
NSJOM. Novi Sad, Serbia
Deputy Minister of education and culture of Vojvodina, 1990-1992.
Vice dean, Institute of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, University of Novi Sad, 1993-1996.
Head of the Research Center SC:ALA, since 2008.
Member of the Advisory Committee of Provincial Key Laboratory of Engineering and
Scientific Computing, Taiyuan Normal University, Taiyuan, Shanxi Province, P.R.China
Born in 1960. Since 1982 I have been working at the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics in Novi Sad. I have been a full professor since 1997. I am currently teaching Numerical Methods of Linear Algebra, Numerical Linear Algebra and Mathematics with Statistics for students of biology and chemistry. Also, I teach Mathematics, Statistics and Quantitative Methods for students of Educons University in Sremska Kamenica. I was a mentor of 2 specialist theses, 3 master's theses, 5 master's theses and 4 doctoral dissertations. I am the author of 15 textbooks or collections of assignments. The scientific field I deal with is numerical mathematics, more precisely, numerical linear algebra and applied linear algebra. I am the author of one monograph in English, one monograph in Serbian and 129 published scientific papers. I participated in 77 international and 13 domestic scientific conferences. I have given 11 plenary lectures at international conferences. I was the president of the organizing committee and the president or member of the program committee for 25 scientific conferences, of which 18 were international. I also gave over twenty lectures by invitation (Niš, Belgrade, Podgorica, Karlsruhe (Germany), Kent (Ohio, USA), Warszawa (Poland), Novorossiisk (Russia), Rostov-on-Don (Russia), Beijing (China) , Shanghai (China), Zaragoza (Spain), Hong Kong (Hong Kong), Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain), Prague (Czech Republic), Poznan (Poland), Dalian (China).) I was the editor of 3 proceedings from scientific conferences, guest editor for special issues of Numerical Linear Algebra with Applications (M21a), Linear Algebra and its Applications (M21), Numerical Algorithms (M21), ELA - Electronic Journal of Linear Algebra (M22), CEJM (M23), member of the editorial board of one domestic and one international journal of category M23, clerk for over twenty international journals of category M21-M23. I was the vice dean for mathematics at the Faculty of Science in Novi Sad from 1993-1996. and Assistant Provincial Secretary for Education and Culture of Vojvodina from 1990-1992.
- h-index: 30(Scopus)
Muhammad Akram has received MSc degrees in Mathematics and Computer Science, MPhil in (Computational) Mathematics and PhD in (Fuzzy) Mathematics. He is currently a Professor in the Department of Mathematics at the University of the Punjab, Lahore. He has also served the Punjab University College of Information Technology as Assistant Professor and Associate Professor. Dr. Akram’s research interests include numerical algorithms, fuzzy graphs, fuzzy algebras, and fuzzy decision support systems. He has published 10 monographs and 365 research articles in international scientific journals. Some of his papers have been published in high impact journals, including Knowledge-Based Systems, Information Sciences, Expert systems with applications, Applied Soft Computing, International Journal of Intelligent Systems, Computers & Mathematics with Applications, Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems, Abstract and Applied Analysis, Soft Computing and Neural Computing and Applications. Dr Akram’s total impact factor is more than 586. His current H-index on Google scholar is 33 and i10-index is 175. He has been an Editorial Member of several international academic journals. Reviewer/Referee for 140 International Journals including Mathematical Reviews (USA) and Zentralblatt MATH (Germany). Ten students have successfully completed their Ph.D. research work under his supervision. Currently, he is supervising more 5 PhD students.
- h-index: 13(Scopus)
Hashem Saberi Najafi
H. Saberi Najafi Professor of Applied Mathematics at the Ayandegan Institute of Higher Education. His fields of interest are numerical linear algebra, numerical analysis, computational mathematics and numerical modeling of oceans.
Professor Khalide Jbilou
Université du Littoral Côte d'Opale, LMPA, 50 rue F.Buisson B.P.699
62228 Calais Cedex, France. Phone: 00 (33) 3 21 46 55 91
Head of the team "Approximation and Numerical Analysis"
Member of the Editorial Board of the international journals
- Electronic Transtaction on Numerical Analysis (ETNA), http://etna.mcs.kent.edu)
- American Journal of Algorithms and Computing, (Columbia International Publishing).
- Journal of Algorithms and Optimization.
- New Trends in Mathematical Sciences.
- Mathematical Problems in Engineering.
- Applied and Computational Mathematics.
Edition of Special Volumes in International Journals
- Matrix Analysis and Applications, K. Jbilou et al., Electronic Transaction on Numerical Analysis, 33(2008/2009), 220 pages, (http://etna.mcs.kent.edu/volumes/2001-2010/vol33/), Guest Editor.
- 9th IMACS International Symposium on Iterative Methods in Scientific Computing, (IISIMSC 2008), K. Jbilou et al. , Applied Numerical Mathematics, 1053, 60(2010), 198 pages, Guest Editor.
- Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computation with Applications, (NASCA09), A. Bouhamidi, K. Jbilou and H. Sadok, Applied Numerical Mathematics, 62(9)(2012), 192 pages, Guest Editor.
- Inverse Problems , Computation, and Applications, K. Jbilou et al., Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, IPCA10 , 236(8)2012, 187 pages, Guest Editor.
- 10th IMACS International Symposium on Iterative Methods in Scientific Computing (IISIMSC 2011)], K. Jbilou, L. Reichel, Y. Saad and H. Sadok, Applied Numerical Mathematics, 75(2014), 196 pages, Managing Guest Editor.
- Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computation with Applications (NASCA13), K. Jbilou, L. Reichel, H. Sadok, in Electronic Transaction on Numerical Analysis, 2014-2015, (http://etna.mcs.kent.edu/volumes/2011-2020/vol43/), Guest Editor.
- Special issue for the journal "Mathematics": Numerical Linear Algebra K. Jbilou, Managing Guest Editor, 2017.
- Numerical Linear Algebra with Applications (NL2A), K. Jbilou, G. Meurant and L. Reichel, in Electronic Transaction on Numerical Analysis, vol. 47, 2017 (<a "http:="" etna.mcs.kent.edu="" volumes="" 2011-2020="" vol47="" "="">http://etna.mcs.kent.edu/volumes/2011-2020/vol47/), Guest Editor
- Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing with Applications (NASCA18), D. Bini, K. Jbilou, M. Mitrouli and L. Reichel, in Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics 2019, Managing Guest Editor.
- Mathematical Modeling with Applications (M2A19), F. Dopico K. Jbilou and M. Seaid, in Numerical Algorithms 2020, Managing Guest Editor.
- Numerical Linear Algebra with Applications , K. Jbilou and M.Mitrouli, special issue in $\Sigma$-Mathematics, 2021 Managing Guest Editor.
Professor, Nanjing Normal University
Director, Jiangsu Key Laboratory for Numerical Simulation of Large Scale Complex Systems
President, Jiangsu Association of Science and Technology Education for Teenagers
Honorary Editor in Chief，Numerical Algebra, Control and Optimization
Address: Klapka u. 5. II. 5. Budapest 1193, Hungary
Mailing address: Eötvös Loránd University, Department of Applied Analysis and
Computational Mathematics ,
Pázmány Péter sétány 1/c. Budapest 1117, Hungary
home page: http://www.cs.elte.hu/~faragois/
Ph.D. Eötvös Loránd University 1977
candidate in mathematical science Hungarian Academy of Sciences 1986
doctor habil Eötvös Loránd University 2005
Doctor of Hungarian Academy of Sciences 2009
French intermediate level
German intermediate level.
• Head of the Department of Applied Analysis and Computational Mathematics at Eötvös
Loránd University (2006-)
• Vice Dean of Facukty of Sciences at Eötvös loránd University (2012- )
• Head of the MTA-ELTE Academic Research Group “Numerical analysis and large
• numerical analysis of differential equations, mathematical modeling, numerical linear
algebra, operator splitting, parallel algorithms
Honours and scholarships:
• Farkas Gyula Prize (1977)
• Pro Scientia Honour (2003),
• Széchenyi István Scholarship (2001-2004),
• NATO ARW Director (2004),
• Pro Meteorologia (2011)
Bolyai János Mathematical Society, SIAM, International Linear Algebraic Association
Foundation member of the Doctoral School at Eötvös Loránd University
Via Pietro Castellino, 111
I-80131 Napoli, Italy
voice: +39 081 6132380
fax: +39 081 6132597
· Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science from University of Naples Federico II, February 1995.
· Laurea degree (MS), cum laude, in Mathematics, from University of Naples Federico II, July 1990.
· CNR Senior Research Scientist at the Institute for Applied Computing (IAC), since March 2016.
· CNR Senior Research Scientist at the Institute for High-Performance Computing and Networking (ICAR), from January 2004 till March 2016.
· Visiting Researcher at the Portland State University (OR, USA), October 2017, February 2018, February 2019.
· Visiting Researcher at the Center for Applied Scientific Computing of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (CA, USA), June-July 2011, August 2012, October 2016.
· Adjunct Professor at the University of Campania "L. Vanvitelli" (former Second University of Naples), since 2003.
· CNR Research Scientist at the Center for Research on Parallel Computing and Supercomputers (CPS), 1997-2003.
· Visiting Researcher at the Center for Advanced Computing Research (CACR) of the California Institute of Technology (CA, USA), July 1998.
· CNR Temporary Research Scientist at CPS, 1994-1997.
· IBM Research fellow at the European Center for Scientific and Engineering Computing (ECSEC), in Rome, 1992.
· CNR Post-Laurea fellow at CPS, 1991-1992.
· CNR Laurea fellow at the Department of Mathematics and its Applications of the University of Naples Federico II, 1990.
Alberto Maria Bersani
Born in Rome in November 11th 1960.
MSc in Mathematics (magna cum laude) in October 15th 1986 at "La Sapienza" University, Rome.
From December 30th 2010 associate professor of Mathematical Analysis at the Dept. Scienze di Base e Applicate per l’Ingegneria (SBAI) Engineering Faculty, "La Sapienza" University, Rome.
Actual affiliation: Dept. of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (DIMA), “La Sapienza” University, Rome.
Author of 120 publications (scientific papers; scientific book chapters; preprints; proceedings; technical reports; abstracts and extended abstract; popular scientific papers; course books). 56 of these publications are indexed in Scopus and/or WoS and/or MathSciNet and/or zentralBlatt
Global h-index: 13. Number of citations on Scopus: 463.
Supervisor and assistant supervisor of several MSc theses at the Engineering Faculty and supervisor of PhD theses at the Doctorate of “Mathematical Models and Methods for Technology and Society”, at Dept. SBAI.
Scientific interests: elasticity theory; almost-periodic functions; biomathematics (models of glucose-insulin kinetics; models of intracellular biochemical signal transduction and metabolism; models of stem cells action; functional mathematical indexes for food quality).
Hossein Aminikhah received the Ph.D. degree in applied mathematics (numerical analysis) from the University of Guilan, Rasht, Iran, in 2008, where he is currently Full Professor in the Department of Applied Mathematics. and Computer Science. His research interests include numerical methods for fractional differential equations, numerical linear algebra, ill-posed and inverse problems.
Svetozar Dimitrov Margenov
- 1981 - Researcher III, Center for Transport Cybernetics
- 1983 - Researcher II, Center for Transport Cybernetics
- 1984 - Ph. D. - Bulgarian Academy of Science
- 1985 - Researcher I, Center for Transport Cybernetics
- 1990 - Assoc. Prof., Center for Inf. & Comp. Techn.
- 2002 - D.Sc. - Bulgarian Academy of Science
- 2003 - Professor, Institute for Parallel Processing
- 2014 - Corresponding Member of Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
Fields of Research
- Large-Scale Scientific Computing and Parallel Algorithms.
- Numerical Methods for Fractional Diffusion Problems.
- Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations (Finite Difference Schemes and Finite Element Method).
- Computational Linear Algebra (Iterative Methods and Algorithms, Preconditioning, Sparse Matrices).
- Large-Scale Computing of Environmental Problems.
- Biomedical and Engineering Problems.
- Supercomputing applications
Memberships in Professional Organizations:
- Union of the Bulgarian Mathematicians
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics - SIAM
- BG SIAM
LIST OF RECENT PUBLICATIONS:
Jun Ye, Professor
School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Ningbo 315211, P. R. China
E-mail: [email protected]; [email protected]
Jun Ye has more than 30 years of experience in teaching and research. His research interests include soft computing, multicriteria decision making, intelligent control, robotics, pattern recognition, fault diagnosis, and rock mechanics. He has published more than 260 papers in journals, written a few books related to his research work, and finished a few projects sponsored by the government of P.R. China.
Predrag S. Stanimirović
Position or Title: Full Professor
Organizational Affiliation: University of Nis, Faculty of Sciences and Mathematics, Visegradska 33, 18000 Nis, Serbia
University of Niš, Faculty of Sciences and Mathematics, Department of Mathematics and Informatics, Višegradska 33, P. O. Box 224, 18000 Niš, Serbia
Predrag Stanimirović received the Ph.D. degree in mathematics from the Faculty of Mathematics, University of Niš, Niš, Serbia. He is currently a Full Professor with the Departments of Computer Science, Faculty of Sciences and Mathematics, University of Niš, Niš. He has thirty four years of experience in scientific research in diverse fields of mathematics and computer science, which span multiple branches of numerical linear algebra, recurrent neural networks, linear algebra, symbolic computation, nonlinear optimization, and others. Within recent years, he has successfully published over 245 publications in scientific journals, including five research monographs, six text-books, and 75 peer-reviewed research articles published in conference proceedings and book chapters. His main research topics include numerical linear algebra, operations research, recurrent neural networks, and symbolic computation. He is the Editor-in-Chief of the Scientific Journal Facta Universitatis, Series: Mathematics and Informatics and section editor in Filomat and several other journals.
• Full Professor • University of Niš, Faculty of Sciences and Mathematics, Departments of Mathematics and Computer Science • Niš, Serbia
• Thirty four years of experience in scientific research in diverse fields of mathematics and computer science, which span multiple branches of Numerical linear algebra, recurrent neural networks, linear algebra, symbolic computation, nonlinear optimization and others.
•225 publications, including 4 research monographs, 5 text-books, and 216 peer-reviewed research articles published in scientific journals, conference proceedings, and book chapters
Date of Birth: December 29, 1980
Marital Status: Married, One child
Current Position: Professor
Department of Mathematics
Faculty of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science
P.O. Box: 35195–363
Emails: [email protected]
• Assistant Professor of Semnan University: September 2010–July 2015
• Non–Resident Researcher of IPM: September 2011–September 2014
• Associate Professor of Semnan University: July 2015–July 2019
Numerical Optimization, Matrix Computations, Linear Regression, Metaheuristic Algorithms, Image Processing
• B.Sc.: Applied Mathematics, Mazandaran University, 1999–2003 (Average: 18.05)
• M.Sc.: Applied Mathematics, Sharif University of Technology, 2003–2005 (Average: 18.88)
Thesis: A Primal–Dual Interior–Point Algorithm for Semidefinite Programming
Supervisor: Professor Nezam Mahdavi–Amiri
• Ph.D.: Applied Mathematics, Sharif University of Technology, 2005–2010 (Average: 18.03)
Thesis: New Conjugate Gradient Methods for Unconstrained Optimization
Supervisor: Professor Nezam Mahdavi–Amiri
• The best teacher of the Faculty of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science, Semnan
• The best researcher of the Faculty of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science, Semnan
University in 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018 and 2020.
• The best researcher in the field of Mathematics in Semnan Province, 2016.
• Achieved first rank among the M.Sc. alumni of Faculty of Mathematical Sciences, Sharif
University of Technology, 2005.
• Earned second country wide rank in the entrance examination out of more than 5000 applicants seeking admission to graduate studies in Applied Mathematics in Iran, 2003.
• Scored first rank among the B.Sc. alumni of Faculty of Mathematical Sciences, Mazandaran
• Improving the Structure of Polak–Ribi`ere–Polyak Conjugate Gradient Method with Application to Image Restoration, Iranian National Science Foundation (INSF), Grant No. 4000309,
• Applying New Optimization Approaches for Solving Compressed Sensing Problem, Iranian
National Science Foundation (INSF), Grant No. 99031532, 2021.
• Developing Gradient Based Methods for Optimization, Iranian National Science Foundation
(INSF), Grant No. 97022259, 2019.
• Developing Matrix Approaches for Iterative Methods in Unconstrained Optimization, Iranian
National Science Foundation (INSF), Grant No. 96013024, 2018.
• New Approaches in Adaptive Trust Region Methods for Solving Large–Scale Unconstrained
Optimization Problems, Iranian National Science Foundation (INSF), Grant No. 95849086,
• Hybrid Approaches for Solving Large–Scale Unconstrained Nonlinear Optimization Problems,
Iranian National Science Foundation (INSF), Grant No. 2014537332, 2016.
• Modified Nonlinear Three–Term Conjugate Gradient Methods for Unconstrained Optimization, Institute for Research in Fundamental Sciences (IPM), Grant No. 93650051, 2014–2015.
• Adaptive Nonlinear Conjugate Gradient Methods, Institute for Research in Fundamental
Sciences (IPM), Grant No. 91900051, 2012–2013.
• Hybrid Conjugate Gradient Methods, Institute for Research in Fundamental Sciences (IPM),
Grant No. 90900023, 2011–2012.
• Talented students grant, Faculty of Mathematical Science, Sharif University of Technology,
• Modified Conjugate Gradient Methods Based on Singular Value Analysis, International Conference on Computational Science and Numerical Algorithms (CSMA 2021), May 29-31, 2021.
• Some Matrix Aspects of Memoryless Nonlinear Programming Algorithms, Sharif University
of Technology, 23 May 2021.
• Modified Optimization Models in Linear Regression, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, October
• Recent Approaches in Large–Scale Nonlinear Optimization, Semnan University, April 2015.
• Recent Approaches in Nonlinear Conjugate Gradient Methods, Institute for Research in Fundamental Sciences (IPM), February 2015.
• Graduate: Advanced Operations Research, Nonlinear Programming, Advanced Mathematical
Programming, Numerical Methods for Decision Making, Numerical Linear Algebra, Advanced
Linear Programming, Integer Programming.
• Under Graduate: Calculus (1) and (2), Differential Equations, Operations Research (1) and
(2), Linear Programming and Network Flows, Nonlinear Programming, Numerical Linear
Algebra, Scientific Computing, Numerical Analysis, Mathematical Softwares.
• Head of SLOPE (Scientific Lab of Optimization and Engineering) from 2019.
• Administrator of the Office of Talented Students in Semnan University, 2015–2021.
• Member of the scientific committee of the 14th International Conference of Iranian Operations
Research Society, Sadjad University of Mashhad, 19–21 October 2021, Mashhad, Iran.
• Editor of the International Journal of Nonlinear Analysis and Applications, 2012–2020.
• Reviewer of Mathematical Reviews (MathSciNet), 2014–2020.
• Member of the scientific committee of the 13th International Conference of Iranian Operations
Research Society, Shahrood University of Technology, 6–9 September 2020, Shahrood, Iran.
• Member of the scientific committee of The 10th International Conference of Iranian Operations
Research Society, University of Mazandaran, 3–4 May 2017, Babolsar, Iran.
• Member of the scientific committee of The 1th National Conference on Optimization and
Decision Sciences, University of Mazandaran, 9–10 March 2016, Babolsar, Iran.
• Member of the scientific committee of The 8th International Conference of Iranian Operations
Research Society, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, 21–22 May 2015, Mashhad, Iran.
Member of the scientific committee of The 45th Annual Iranian Mathematics Conference,
Semnan University, 26–29 August 2014, Semnan, Iran.
• Member of the scientific committee of The 7th International Conference of Iranian Operations
Research Society, Semnan University, 14–15 May 2014, Semnan, Iran.
• Member of the scientific committee of the Third Conference of Financial Mathematics and
Applications, Semnan University, 30–31 January 2013, Semnan, Iran.
• Member of the Research Council of the Faculty of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer
Science of Semnan University, 2011–2014.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
• Zohre Aminifard: Developing New Approaches for Solving Sparse Reconstruction Problem,
October 2020–September 2021.
Ph.D. Students Supervised
• Zohre Aminifard: Developing Matrix Approaches for Iterative Methods in Unconstrained
Optimization, July 2019.
• Nahid Dorostkar Ahmadi: An optimal model for green–knowledge based product portfolio
with emphasis on customer and engineering transaction (Case study: Behran Oil Company),
March 2019. (Joint with Dr. Mohsen Shafie Nikabadi as the first supervisor)
• Ali Sorourkhah: Proposing a three–dimensional robustness analysis for using in strategic
planning–case study: Saipa Automotive Research and Innovation Center, October 2017.
(Joint with Professor Adel Azar as the second supervisor and Dr. Mohsen Shafie Nikabadi as
• Saeed Rezaee: Modified Trust Region Algorithms, October 2017.
• Mohammad Reza Arazm: Using Quasi–Newton Equations in Conjugate Gradient Methods,
May 2017. (Joint with Dr. Reza Ghanbari as the advisor)
M.Sc. Students Supervised
1. Fatemeh Zahra Mohseni: On Spectral Properties of Steepest Descent Methods, September
2. Saeed Ebrahimi: On a Nonmonotone Trust Region Method for Unconstrained Optimization,
3. Jalal Vardan: Studying Global Convergence of the BFGS and PRP Methods under a Modified
Wolf Line Search, September 2018.
4. Babak Shojae–Shafie: On Some Nonmonotone Trust Region Methods with Simple Quadratic
Models, April 2018.
5. Mohammad Hasan Kazemi: On Some Symmetric Rank–One Updates for the Hessian Approximation, July 2017.
6. Amir Hossein Nafei: On Some Proposed Step Lengths for Improving the Gradient Method,
7. Nasrin Mirhosseini: On a Nonlinear Conjugate Gradient Method which is Globally Convergent
for Nonconvex Functions, July 2016.
8. Hossein Mehdizadeh: A Class of Descent Nonlinear Three–Term Conjugate Gradient Methods
Based on Secant Conditions, June 2016.
9. Shayesteh Moradi: Some Descent Modified Fletcher–Reeves Conjugate Gradient Methods,
10. Mazaher Bagheri Sabet Khesmakhi: Some Descent Modified Polak–Ribi`ere–Polyak Conjugate
Gradient Methods, September 2015.
11. Kolsoum Hosseinpour Saloukolaie: Multistep Nonlinear Conjugate Gradient Methods for Unconstrained Optimization, March 2015.
12. Parisa Abolghasemi: Scaled Conjugate Gradient Algorithms for Unconstrained Optimization,
13. Esmaieel Davoudi Nia: A Modified Quasi–Newton Method for Structured Optimization with
Partial Information on the Hessian, October 2014.
- h-index: 19
Denis Nikolaevich Sidorov
Academic Rank: D.Sc., Professor of RAS
Denis Sidorov was born in Irkutsk, Russia, in 1974. He received the Ph.D. and Dr. Habil. degrees in applied mathematics from Irkutsk State University, Irkutsk, in 2000 and 2014, respectively.,He is currently a Leading Researcher with Melentiev Energy Systems Institute, Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Irkutsk, and a Professor with Irkutsk National Research Technical University, Irkutsk. From 2001 to 2007, he was with Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland, with Université de Technologie de Compiégne and Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Compiègne, France, as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow, and with ASTI Holding, Singapore, as a Vision Engineer. In 2013, he was with Siegen University, Siegen, Germany, as a Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst Professor. He has authored more than 140 scientific papers and four monographs. His research interests include integral and differential equations, machine learning, wind energy, and inverse problems.,Dr. Sidorov is the IEEE Power and Energy Society Russia (Siberia) Chapter Chair and the Distinguished Guest Professor of Hunan University, Changsha, China.
Visiting Research Professor, Queens University Belfast, UK (July, 2019)
Distinguished Guest Professor, Hunan University, Changsha, China (2016-2019);
Invited Professor, INI Cambridge, UK (Febr., 2014);
Visiting DAAD Professor, Siegen Univ., Germany (October-December, 2012);
Leading Researcher, Institute of Solar-Terrestrial Physics SB RAS, since 2017;
Leading Researcher, Department of Applied Mathematics, Energy Systems Institute SB RAS, since 2007;
Professor, Irkutsk State Univ., since 2008;
ASTI Hlds Ltd Pte, Machine Vision Projects Lead, Singapore 2005–2007;
Post-doctoral research fellow at UMR CNRS 7253: Heuristique et Diagnostic des Systèmes Complexes, Compiegene, France , 2003–2004;
Post-doctoral research assistant, Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, 2001--2002 (full-time position);
research fellow, Melentev Institute of Energy Systems of Russian Academy of Sciences, Irkutsk, Russia, 2000–2001 (full-time position);
head of Department, Information Technologies Department, Economics Institute of Irkutsk State Technical University, Russia, 2000–2001 (part-time position); junior research fellow, Melentev Institute of Energy Systems of Russian Academy of Sciences, Irkutsk, Russia, 1999–2000 (part-time position);
Lecture Assistant, Irkutsk State Teachers Training University, Russia, 1997–1998 (part-time position);
junior engineer (programmer), Melentev Institute of Energy Systems of Russian Academy of Sciences, Irkutsk, Russia, 1994–1996 (part-time position).
Member of the Expert Council for Control, Computer Science and Computer Engineering of Higher Attestation Commission of Ministry of Education and Science of Russia
Reviewer of Mathematical Reviews and Zentralblatt fur Mathematik, Fellow of the new Energy Industry program at RUDN University.
Member of the Editorial Boards of the journals: Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews (Elsevier, Q1); International Journal of Artificial Intelligence (Scopus Q2); Energies (Scopus Q2), Mathematics (WoS Q1), Editor-in-Chief of Irkutsk Polytech Journal
Year 2018, 2019 Publons (WoS, Clarivate Analytics) Award as one of the top 1 per cent of peer reviewers in Engineering.
Year 2017 Publons Award as one of the top 1 per cent of peer reviewers in Multidisciplinary.
Year 2016 Publons Award "Sentinels of Science" in Mathematics.
Academic Rank: Associate professor
Short Bio: Dr. Hatıra Günerhan is academic personnel at the University of Kafkas. Her research focuses on Applied Mathematics, Numerical Analysis, Partial & Ordinary Differential Equations, integral equations.
Email: [email protected]
Dr. P. Agarwal was born in Jaipur (India) on August 18, 1979. After completing his schooling, he earned his Master’s degree from Rajasthan University in 2000. In 2006, he earned his Ph. D. (Mathematics) at the Malviya National Institute of Technology (MNIT) in Jaipur, India, one of the highest ranking universities in India. Recently, Prof. Agarwal is listed as the World's Top 2% Scientist 2020 and 21, Released by Stanford University
Dr. Agarwal has been actively involved in research as well as pedagogical activities for the last 20 years. His major research interests include Special Functions, Fractional Calculus, Numerical Analysis, Differential and Difference Equations, Inequalities, and Fixed Point Theorems. He is an excellent scholar, dedicated teacher, and prolific researcher. He has published 11 research monographs and edited volumes and more than 350 publications (with almost 100 mathematicians all over the world) in prestigious national and international mathematics journals. Dr. Agarwal worked previously either as a regular faculty or as a visiting professor and scientist in universities in several countries, including India, Germany, Turkey, South Korea, UK, Russia, Malaysia andThailand. He has held several positions including Visiting Professor, Visiting Scientist, and Professor at various universities in different parts of the world. Specially, he was awarded most respected International Centre for Mathematical Sciences (ICMS) Group Research Fellowship to work with Prof. Dr. Michael Ruzhansky-Imperial College Londonat ICMS Centre, Scotland, UK, and during 2017-18, he was awarded most respected TUBITAK Visiting Scientist Fellowship to work with Prof. Dr. Onur at AhiEvran University, Turkey. He has been awarded by Most Outstanding Researcher-2018 (Award for contribution to Mathematics) by the Union Minister of Human Resource Development of India, Mr. Prakash Javadekar in 2018. According to Google Scholar, Dr. Agarwal is cited more than 5, 266 times, and on Scopus his work is cited more than 3, 054 times. Dr. Agarwal is the recipient of several notable honors and awards.
Dr. Agarwal provided significant service to Anand International College of Engineering, Jaipur. Under his leadership during 2010-20, Anand-ICE consistently progressed in education and preparation of students, and in the new direction of academics, research and development. His overall impact to the institute is considerable. Many scholars from different nations, including China, Uzbekistan, Thailand and African Countries came to work under his guidance. The majority of these visiting post-doctoral scholars were sent to work under Dr. Agarwal by their employing institutions for at least one month.
Dr. Agarwal regularly disseminates his research at invited talks/colloquiums (over 25 Institutions all over the world).He has been invited to give plenary/keynote lectures at international conferences in the USA, Russia, India, Turkey, China, Korea, Malaysia, Thailand, Saudi Arabia, Germany, UK, Turkey, and Japan. He has served over 50 Journals in the capacity of an Editor/Honorary Editor, or Associate Editor, and published 11 books as an editor. Dr. Agarwal has also organized International Conferences/ workshops’/seminars/summer schools.
In summary of these few inadequate paragraphs, Dr. P. Agarwal is a visionary scientist, educator, and administrator who have contributed to the world through his long service, dedication, and tireless efforts.
- h-index: 9(Scopus)
Professor, College of Science, Zhengzhou University of Aeronautics (http://zua.edu.cn/), China, Li-Tao Zhang received the B.S. and M.S. degrees in College of Mathematics and Information Science from Henan Normal University, Xinxiang, China, in 2003 and 2006, respectively. Zhang received the Ph.D. degree in school of mathematical sciences from University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu, China, in 2009. Zhang is a Member of the Linear Algebra Society of China. In addition, Zhang is also an active reviewer for various international journals and conferences. Zhang''s areas of expertise include matrix analysis and its application, parallel computing, restricted additive Schwarz preconditioner, based-modulus methods for linear complementarity problems, multisplitting iterative method for special linear systems, and numerical analysis for linear systems.
Mohamed Abdel-Basset (Senior Member, IEEE) received the B.Sc., M.Sc., and Ph.D. degrees in operations research from the Faculty of Computers and Informatics, Zagazig University, Egypt. He is currently an Associate Professor with the Faculty of Computers and Informatics, Zagazig University. He is working on the application of multiobjective and robust metaheuristic optimization techniques. He has published more than 200 articles in international journals and conference proceedings. His current research interests include optimization, operations research, data mining, computational intelligence, applied statistics, decision support systems, robust optimization, engineering optimization, multiobjective optimization, swarm intelligence, evolutionary algorithms, and artificial neural networks. He is also an/a editor/reviewer of different international journals and conferences.
Dr. Kavikumar Jacob, Associate Professor, earned his M.Sc in 1999 and Ph.D. in 2005 from Annamalai University, India. Since 2006 he has been at the Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Faculty of Applied Sciences and Technology, Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia, Malaysia. He has over 18 years of teaching and research experience. He started his career as a Senior Lecturer in Mathematics at Vellore Institute of Technology, India in 2004. His current research interests include discrete-event systems under the fuzzy framework and decision-making problems. He has given invited talks on the topic of fuzzy mathematics in various countries. He has published more than 75 research papers. He is a member of several professional bodies such as the American Mathematical Society (AMS) and Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics.
12-5-2009 till date: Professor of Mathematics (Numerical Analysis), Department of Mathematics, College of Science, University of Salahaddin/Erbil, Iraq.
24-12-2000Þ30-5-2004: Dean of College of Science, University of Salahaddin/Erbil, Iraq.
25-7-2000Þ11-5-2009: Assistant Professor of Mathematics (Numerical Analysis), Department of Mathematics, College of Science, University of Salahaddin/Erbil, Iraq.
2000-till date: Supervising 13 M.Sc. students and 2 PhD students in Department of Mathematics, College of Science, University of Salahaddin/Erbil, University of Sulaimani and Dohuk University, Iraq.
1998Þ2000: Assistant Dean of College of Science, University of Salahaddin/Erbil, Iraq.
1997Þ1998: Manager of Computer Unite, College of Science, University of Salahaddin/Erbil, Iraq.
1994: Lecturer, Department of Mathematics, College of Science, University of Salahaddin/Erbil, Iraq.
1991Þ1994: Coordinator of Department of Mathematics, College of Science, University of Salahaddin/Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq.
1991: Assistant lecturer, Department of Mathematics, College of Science, University of Salahaddin/Erbil, Iraq.
Julio Daniel Rossi
Prof. Titular / Full Prof. (Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina).
Depto. Matematica, FCEyN, UBA
Ciudad Universitaria, Pab 1, (1428)
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Member of the Editorial Board
1. ”Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications”. 2010 – 2016. http://ees.elsevier.com/na/default.asp/
2. ”International Journal of Differential Equations”. 2008,... http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijde/
3. ”Boundary Value Problems (BVP)”. 2010,... http://www.boundaryvalueproblems.com/
4. ”Abstract and Applied Analysis”. 2012,... http://www.hindawi.com/journals/aaa/
5. ”Revista de la Unión Matemática Argentina”. 2016,... http://inmabb.criba.edu.ar/revuma/
6. “Advances in Operator Theory (AOT). 2016,… http://aot-math.org/
7. “Journal of Nonlinear Functional Analysis (JNFA)”. 2017,... http://jnfa.mathres.org/
Prize to the best PhD Thesis in Mathematics between 1994-1997. From the Exact and Natural Sciences Foundation. May 1998.
2) Noviembre 2006. Prize "Angel R. Larrotonda" in Mathematics from the Nacional Academy of Sciences (Argentina) to the best young mathematician (under 40). Nov. 2006.
3) Prize “Houssay” in Physics/Mathematics/ComputerScience from the Ministery of Science (Argentina) to the best young scientist (under 45). Jan 2010.
4) Prize SEMA to the best article in the Boletín Sema 2011 for the article J.D. Rossi, Asymptotic mean value properties for the $p-$Laplacian, SEMA Journal. Vol. 56 (2011), p. 35-62. Spanish Society of Applied Mathematics. June 2012.
M. J. Ebadi received his Ph.D. degree in applied mathematics. He is serving more than 40 well-reputed International Journals as a reviewer(250 papers), four well-reputed International Journals as an editorial board member(as associate and review editor for two of them), and several International Conferences on artificial intelligence and machine learning as a technical committee member. His research interests include artificial intelligence, neural networks, deep learning, numerical optimization, optimal control, numerical analysis, signal and image processing, and fuzzy mathematics.
- h-index: 7(Scopus)
Mohammed K A Kaabar received all his undergraduate and graduate degrees in Mathematics from Washington State University (WSU), Pullman, WA, USA. Prof. Mohammed has a global diverse experience in teaching and has worked as an adjunct math Professor at Moreno Valley College, USA. He authored two math textbooks and is an invited referee for more than 100 Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) international conferences all over the world. He served as an editor for the American Mathematical Society (AMS) Graduate Student Blog, and he is an editorial board member for an educational program at California State University. He is an approved member of Science and Democracy Network (SDN) which is a part of the Science, Technology, and Society program at Harvard Kennedy School. Prof. M. Kaabar is serving as an associate editor for Bulletin of Electrical Engineering and Informatics, International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, IAES International Journal of Robotics and Automation, and TELKOMNIKA.
He is also a member of the expert editorial advisory board for the Big Data and Advanced Wireless Technologies Springer Book Series. His research interests are fractional calculus, applied mathematics, STEM education, and data science.
Education: PhD in Mathematics
Major: Computational Mathematics
Email: guxm @swufe.edu.cn , [email protected]
Office Address : Zhiyuan Teacher's Office 312
Academic Homepage :https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Xian_Ming_Gu
Google Scholar : https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=DJerzWoAAAAJ&hl=en
Github website of my research codes: https://github.com/Hsien-Ming-Ku
Short Bio: Xian-Ming Gu received the B.S. degree in mathematics and applied mathematics from the Tangshan Teachers College in 2011, and the Ph.D. degree in (computational) mathematics from the School of Mathematical Sciences, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China in 2017. Since 2017, he has been an Assistant Professor with the School of Economic Mathematics, Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (SWUFE). Since 2021, he has been a tenured Associate Professor with the School of Mathematics, SWUFE. He had ever joined the Sandwich Ph.D. Position (August 2014–August 2016) of the Bernoulli Institute for Mathematics, Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence, University of Groningen. He has authored or coauthored over 72 research papers. His research interests include numerical linear algebra and applications to computational electromagnetics, parallel-in-time algorithms, and numerical solutions of (fractional) PDEs.
2011.09— 2017.06 School of Mathematical Sciences, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (mathematics, combined master and doctorate), doctor of science
2014.08—2016.06 Faculty of Science and Engineering, Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG), Ubbo Emmius PhD Fellowship
2007.09 - 2011.06 Department of Mathematics and Information Science (mathematics and applied mathematics), Tangshan Normal University, Bachelor of Science
1. Numerical linear algebra: Krylov subspace algorithm and preconditioning technique, structure matrix ( Toeplitz, Hankel, etc. ) fast algorithm, Parallel-in-Time (PinT) algorithm, matrix function f (A) v , etc.
2. Computational electromagnetism: static magnetic field edge finite element system solution, MoM discrete system, etc.
3. Fast numerical solution of fractional differential equations: fast time/space fractional derivative discrete and fast Caputo derivative approximation
Works and research experiences
02/2021 —present Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, School of Economics and Mathematics, Tenured Associate Professor (tenured)
07/2017— 01/2021 Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, School of Economics and Mathematics, Lecturer
02/07/2018–27/07/2018 Visiting Scholar, Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Macau
15/07/2019–/15/11/2019 Postdoctoral fellow, Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Macau
His group (including two PhD students and one MSc student) will focus on the fast and parallel numerical methods (maybe non-uniform meshes) with low storage requirement for time and space fractional/nonlocal partial differential equations (e.g., advection-diffusion equations, Schrödinger equation, Allen-Cahn equation, Black-Scholes Option Pricing Model, etc.). Discussions will be highly welcome.
Recently, they test matrices library for scientific computing, so if you have some interesting test matrices from realistic simulation applications and you would like to share with this group, please email Dr.Xian-Ming Gu.
B.Sc.(Gold Medalist),M.Sc. (Double Gold Medalist), Ph.D. (I.I.T. Roorkee), YSA,
Associate Professor & Head,
Department of Mathematics,
Mb. No.: +91 9913387604, 8511840947
http://livedna.net/?dna=91. 5071 http://orcid.org/0000-0002-2159-7710
(2) http://www.jangjeonopen.or.kr/PJMS/editorial_team.php http://www.imvibl.org/bulletin.htm
- h-index: 95
More Information: Muhammad Nadeem was born in Pakistan. He received his M. Phil degree in applied mathematics from University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan. He received his PhD degree from School of Mathematical Science, Dalian University of Technology, China. He was awarded with Chinese Government Scholarship in 2016. He also won the best researcher award from school of international education in 2019. He is currently assistant professor at Yibin university China. His research area includes Partial Differential equations, Ordinary Differential equations, Numerical Analysis, Fractional Derivatives and Integral Equations.
Erfan Babaee Tirkolaee obtained a BSc. (2012) and MSc. (2014) in Industrial Engineering from Isfahan University of Technology in Isfahan, Iran. Then, he received a Ph.D. degree (2019) in Industrial Engineering from Mazandaran University of Science and Technology in Babol, Iran. Dr. Erfan Babaee Tirkolaee is currently an assistant professor in the Department of Industrial Engineering at Istinye University in Istanbul, Turkey. Meanwhile, he has worked as a Quality Assurance consultant and training manager in some automotive industries in Iran, and could go through different relevant courses like ISO 9001: 2015 and IATF 16949-2016. He has been verified as a scientific elite by the Young Researchers and Elite Club, Islamic Azad University in 2017 and Iran's National Elites Foundation in 2018. He has published more than 70 papers in high-quality journals and conferences and has been serving as a reviewer in many reputed journals such as IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy System, Journal of Cleaner Production, Waste Management, Computers & Industrial Engineering, and Optimization. Erfan Babaee Tirkolaee has been recognized as Top Peer Reviewer in 2 of the Essential Science Indicators research areas by Publons. Moreover, he is a member of the editorial/guest editorial board in several journals such as Annals of Operations Research, Environmental Science and Pollution Research, Management Decision, and International Journal of Supply and Operations Management.
- h-index: 10(Scopus)
Born in 1985 in Gaziantep, Turkey. Received the MS degree of the Gaziantep University in
2008-2010 and PhD degree of the Gaziantep University in 2013-2017, Neutrosophic Research. He is an innovative researcher in decision making and optimization in uncertain environment namely, fuzzy, intuitionistic and neutrosophic environment. Research Interests; Fuzzy sets, Soft sets, Neutrosophic sets, Neutrosophic soft sets, Neutrosophic soft expert sets, neutrosophic multi criteria making; refined set; neutrosophic graph theory; Interval valued neutrosophic soft sets, Generalized neutrosophic sets.
- h-index: 4(Scopus)
Academic and Professional Attainments
Field: Telecommunication systems
GPA: 17.25 out of 20
University: Islamic Azad University, Science and Research Branch, Tehran-Iran
Start date: August 2006
Graduated date: 2011
Field: Communication systems
GPA: 17.87 out of 20
Graduate date: September 2004
Field: Electrical Engineering (Power)
GPA: 17.32 out of 20
Graduate date: September 2002.
Mathematic & Physic
GPA: 17.90 out of 20
Persian (Mother Tongue)
English (Working knowledge)- good
Research Interest: (Specially in Medical and Military Fields)
Cognitive Radio, Dynamic Spectrum Allocation, Particle Swarm optimization, Broad band Mobile Communication,
Resource allocation in Wireless Networks.
Second: Electromagnetic Fields and Waves, Microstrip / Patch Antennas, Machine Vision.
PhD Course: Digital Communication, Mobile Communication, Special Topics in Communication, High
Frequency Circuit Microstrip Antennas Design, Machine Vision, Fuzzy Logic Systems, Optical
Communication Systems, Advance Engineering Mathematics.
Msc Course: Satellite Communications, Advance Digital Communication systems, Soft Calculations,
Quantum Physics, Probability& Random Stochastic Processes, RADAR Fundamental , Discrete &Time
Signal Processing (DSP).
*** PhD Thesis: Dynamic Spectrum Management and Optimization in Cognitive Radio Networks Using
Population Based Algorithms
** Msc Thesis: RADAR Signal Processing By TMS320, Clutter Rejection and CFAR Acquisition.
* Bsc Thesis: Research on Modern Elements of Power Electronic Circuits.
Honors & Awarded
1-First Rank among all the graduate Bsc students in Power Electrical Engineering in 2002.
2-First Rank among all the graduate Msc students in Communication Engineering in 2004.
3-Member of MIC-CPE/MIC-CSC Technical Program Committee, Musharaka International
Department of Electrical Engineering, JUST, Jordan, 2007.
4- Member of MIC-CPE/MIC-CSC Technical Program Committee, Musharaka International
Conference,Department of Electrical Engineering, JUST, Jordan, 2008-2010.
5- Member of Technical Program Committee, International Conference in Computer
Applications and Industrial Electronics 2010 (ICCAIE 2010).
6-Reviewer of some paper of PIER journal.
7-Pioneer Researcher at University in 2009.
8- Pioneer Researcher at University in 2010.
9- Member of Technical Program Committee, IAPEC 2011 - The 2011 IEEE Applied Power
Electronics Colloquium (IEEE-IAPEC 2011).
10- Member of Technical Program Committee ,2011 IEEE Symposium on Computers and
Informatics - Network & Communications Technology
11- Member of IEICE
12- Reviewer of International Journal of Computer Applications Honors & Awarded and
13- Member of Editorial Board at Continental Journal of Engineering Sciences (CJEngSci)
14- Member of Editorial Board at International Journal of Engineering, Science and Technology
15-Reviewer of Journal of Electromagnetic Research-USA
16-Rviewer of 2011 IEEE Symposium on Computers and Informatics - Network &
17-Reviewer of IAPEC 2011 - The 2011 IEEE Applied Power Electronics Colloquium (IEEEIAPEC 2011
18-Reviewer of International Journal of Computer Applications
19-Reviewer of Journal of computer networks and communications
20-Reviewer of 2012 IEEE Symposium on Wireless Technology & Applications (ISWTA2012)
21-Reviewer of -2012 IEEE Symposium on Industrial Electronics & Applications
22-Reviewer of Applied Mathematics and Computation (Elsevier)
23-Reviewer of International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering (IJSCE)
24-Reviewer of International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology (IJEAT)
25-Reviewer of Journal of Basic and Applied Scientific Research
26-Reviewer of Scientific Journals International (SJI)
27-Reviewer of Journal of Computer Science and Information Security (IJCSIS)
28-Reviewer of Journalof Information and Communication Technology
29-Reviewer of Buletin Teknik Elektro dan Informatika (Bulletin of Electrical Engineering and
30- Reviewer of International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (IJECE)
31-Reviewer of Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering $ Computer Sciences
32-Reviewer of Institute of Advanced Engineering and Science (IAES)
ICCAIE 2010 reviewer
IAPEC 2011 reviewer
ICCAIE 2011 reviewer
ICSIPA 2011 reviewer
RFM 2011 reviewer
SCORED 2011 reviewer
ISCI 2011 reviewer
ISIEA 2011 reviewer
IAPEC 2012 reviewer
BEIAC 2012 reviewer
CHUSER 2012 reviewer
ICCSII 2012 reviewer
PECON 2012 reviewer
ISBEIA 2012 reviewer
ISCAIE 2012 reviewer
ISCI 2012 reviewer
ISIEA 2012 reviewer
ISWTA 2012 reviewer
MIC-CPE 2008 reviewer
MIC-CSC 2008 reviewer
Publications: (Journals and Conferences)
1. Derakhshan.P, Behrad .A, “Angiography Image Processing and Heart Disease Detection
Using Gaussian Interpolation Method”, ICEI2007,Malaysia, 27th November 2007.
2. Derakhshan .P, Behrad .A , ”Breast Tumor Detection In Medical Image Processing
Using Wavelet Enhancement”,MIMI2007,Beijing,China,14th August 2007.
3. Derakhshan .P,”Reduction Distortion Of Sidelobe From RADAR Signal Fundamental
ICEE2007,ITRC,Tehran,IRAN,2007. (In Persian)
4. Derakhshan .P, Naser Moghadasi .M, “A Heuristic Artificial Neural Network Design Of
Resonant Frequency Of Rectangular Microstrip Antennas”,ICTTA
5. Derakhshan .P, ” Modulation Assessment/Limits, BER And Spectral Efficiency For
Photonic Transmission In Optical Communication System,
DWDM,”,ICIAS2007,IEEE,Malaysia,26th November 2007.
6. M. Javad Fattahi H. A., Derakhshan P.,”Heuristic Model of Cellular Learning Automata
for Fuzzy Rule Extraction” , Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and
7. Derakhshan .P, ”Human Protective Evaluation Of High Power Arcing”,1th Symposium
on High power Electrical Energy and hygienic,2006, IRAN. (In Persian)
8. Derakhshan .P, Moghadasi .M .N , Naghsh .A, ” A Heuristic Artificial Neural Network
For Analyzing And Synthesizing Rectangular Microstrip Antenna”, IJCSNS,
International Journal of Computer Science & Network Security,VOL.7 No.12, December
9. Derakhshan .P, “ A New Method For Blanking Sidelobe Distortion From Radar Main
Signal, SLB, “,16th ICEE2008,Tehran,IRAN,May 14th ,2008.(In Persian)
10. Derakhshan P., M. Bahadorzadeh,“Enhancement in Medical Image Processing for Breast
Calcifications and Tumor Detection “, Research Journal of Applied Sciences,
Engineering and Technology,Vol.4, 2012.(ISI)
11. Payman Derakhshan-B., Derakhshan P., ”Detection and Protection of Cast-iron Pipe
Corrosion using Soil Properties with Fuzzy Logic System Theory “, 1th Symposium on
Engineering and IT Technology ,Islamic Azad University, Naein Branch, IRAN.2008.(In
12. Derakhshan P., “A New Method in Blocking Sidelobe Distortion From RADAR
Fundamental Signal “,International Conference on Communication Technology WCSET
2009,Penang, MALAYSIA, Feb 25-27, 2009
13. Derakhshan P., “ A Novel Method in Obstruction of Jammer From RADAR
Fundamental Signal”,Majlesi Journal of Electrical Engineering, Iran, 2009(In Persian)
14. Laleh Derakhshan, Derakhshan P.,”Pattern Relieving and Pattern Recognition on Digital
Image of Tiles and Cornice of Median Century using Image Processing Method”
Regional Symposium in Architecture, IAU, Naein, 2009(In Persian)
15. Derakhshan P.,,” Frequency Channel Allocation in Communication Networks Using
Neural Networks” Regional Symposium in E.E. IAU. Naein, 2009(In Persian)
16. Derakhshan P., A heuristic wavelet based feature detection method for image
segmentation and region growing. Aust. Journal Basic Sci. 2010. (ISI)
17. Derakhshan P., Simulation and analysis for minimum BER and spectral efficiency
acquisition in photonic Transmission-optical communication system. Aust. Journal Basic
18. Derakhshan. Payman, Derakhshan P.,”Ecotourism and risk assessment using fuzzy logic
systems” Regional Symposium in communication engineering, IAU, Naein,2009(in
19. Derakhshan P., G. Dadashzadeh, F. Razzazi,S. M. Razavizadeh, “Minimum power
transmission design for cognitive radio networks in non-stationary environment,” IEICE
Journal Electronic Exp., Vol.8, No. 3, 2011.(ISI)
20. Derakhshan P., G. Dadashzadeh, F. Razzazi,S. M. Razavizadeh, “Bio-inspired distributed
beamforming for cognitive radio networks in non-stationary environment,” IEICE
Journal Electronic Exp., Vol.8, No. 6, 2011.(ISI)
21. Derakhshan P., “Modified Spectrum Sensing and Awareness in Wireless Radio
Networks,” Int. Review on Modeling and Simulations, I.RE.MO.S. Journal, pp. 718-722,
Vol. 4. No. 2, 2011.
22. Forouzandeh E., Derakhshan P., Jadidi M.,”Toxic effects of 50 Hz electromagnetic field
on memory consolidation in male and female mice”,Toxicol Ind Health Journal, Mar 7,
23. M. J. Fattahi H. A. , S. M. Salari, Derakhshan P., “A Novel Fuzzy Rule Extraction
Method Using Cellular Learning Automata Based On Evolutionary Computing Model”,
Praise Worthy Prize Journal, I.RE.AC.O Vol. 4. n. 6, pp. 923-932
24. Derakhshan P., G. Dadashzadeh, F. Razzazi,S. M. Razavizadeh, “Power and Time Slot
Allocation in Cognitive Relay Networks Using Particle Swarm Optimization,” Hindawi
25. Derakhshan P., G. Dadashzadeh, F. Razzazi,S. M. Razavizadeh, "Comparison of
radiometry and modified periodogram spectrum detection in wireless radio networks"
ICCIA, Dec 3 - 5, 2010, Tianjin, China.
26. O-ziarati M., Derakhshan P., Safaei A." Star/galaxy separation using redshift parameter
of objects in multilayer perceptron neural network (MLP)" 22nd IPM, National Conf.
2015, Iran.(in Persian)
27. O-ziarati M., Derakhshan P., Safaei A." Star/galaxy separation using redshift parameter
of objects in multilayer perceptron neural network (MLP)" 18nd Astronomy, National
Conf. 2015, Iran.(in Persian)
28. Yazdani A.,Derakhshan P.,Emami H."Channel assignment with QAM/QPSK in MIMOOFDM systems" Comm. Dev. And Mech. Sys. Conf. 2013,Iran.(in Persian)
29. Mardani M.,Derakhshan P.,Emami H."Noise cancellation by particle filters" Comm. Dev.
And Mech. Sys. Conf. 2013,Iran.(in Persian)
30. Khosravi S., Zamanifar M.,Derakhshan P. "Bifurcation analysis of a wind turbine system
based on DFIG" 2nd Int. Conf. Elec.Eng.,Allameh Taba. Uni., IC-EE, Sep. 14th
31. Ghasemi Gh.,Derakhshan P.,Emami H." Reduction of complexity in adaptive estimation
of multipath channels" Comm. Dev. And Mech. Sys. Conf. 2013,Iran.(in Persian)
32. Amini A.R., Derakhshan P." Evaluation and Optimization of power transformer
differential protection using amplitude And phase angle difference between the first and
second harmonics current based on fuzzy logic" ICEEE Conf. 2013,Iran.(in Persian)
33. Mohimi Sh., Derakhshan P."Design and optimization of distributed amplifier using
CMOS 90nm " 2nd Elec. Conf. 2013, Kashan, Iran.(in Persian)
34. Mokhtari-Ar. M., Akhavan-Saf. M., Derakhshan P." Optimization and clustering of
ceramics by fuzzy image processing using genetic algorithm" Iranian Journal of
Ceramics, Sci. and Eng., IJCSE, 2013, Iran.(in Persian)-scopus
35. Soltani M.,Derakhshan P., Ghousi K. "Ultra wide band frequency filter design by multi
mode resonator based on quarter wavelength microstrip conventor" Regional Conf.
Maraghe, 2011, Iran.(in Persian)
36. Darougar M., Derakhshan P." Breast cancer detection based on feature extraction using
cuckoo algorithm and vector machine clustering" ICEEE Conf. 2011,Iran.(in Persian)
37. Darougar M., Derakhshan P." A new method for breast cancer detection " 1st Elec. And
comp. Conf. in North of Iran, 2012.(in Persian)
38. Zakariapour A., Derakhshan P.," Sub-harmonics fluctuations cancellation in LED
resonant-switching driver controller using imperialistic competitive algorithm, Int.
Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Development, 5 (1), 139-143,2018.
39. Forouzandeh E., Derakhshan P. Bahadorzadeh M." Clock-Drawing Test Screens for
Psychiatric Patients with Judicial Background: A Computer Aided, Forensic Science &
Addiction Research 2 (1), 80-82,2018.
40. Forouzandeh E., Derakhshan P." Fish Behaviors in Electromagnetic Fields, Journal of
Mol Biomark Diagn 9 (377), 2, 2018.
41. Derakhshan P. , Bahadorzadeh M. " An Intelligent Method for Diagnosis of Breast
Cancer" Int. J. of Innovative Research in Elec. and Comm.,Volume 4, Issue 2, 2017, Page
42. Derakhshan P.," Joint Resource Allocation and Spectral Radiometry in Non-Stationary
Cognitive Radio Networks" Int. J. of Innovative Research in Elec. and Comm.,Volume 4,
Issue 2, 2017, Page No: 18-25
43. Derakhshan P., Momenian-Koupaie M.,” Design and Optimization of Simultaneous
FPSS Controller and H∞TCSC Controller to Eliminate Low Frequency Oscillations in a
Wide Range of Power Systems, Int. Journal of Inn. Studies in Sci. and Eng. Tech., 5 (1),
44. Derakhshan P., Kashefian M.,” Proposed load frequency control according to adaptive
fuzzy controller in the presence of load disturbance,International Journal of Advanced
Trends in Engineering and Technology, 3 (2),2018.
45. Derakhshan P.,” Distributed power steering by Beamforming Approach for Wireless
Cognitive Radio Networks Using Cuckoo Algorithm”,Vol 4.2, Int. Journal of
Innovative St. in Sci. and Eng. Tech., 2018.
46. A Khashayar, P Derakhshan-Barjoei, Optimization of static inter-phase controller using
joint particle swarm and neural network algorithm for damping power system
fluctuations, International Journal of Advanced Science and Research 3 (2),2018
47. Foroozandeh E, Derakhshan-Barjoei P, Bahadorzadeh M, Investigation the Effect of
Emotional Control and Extroversion on Severity of Central Serous Retinopathy in
Patients Using fuzzy logic, Journal of Health and Biomedical Informatics 5 (3), 337-347,
48. M Tavasoli, A Mirzaie, P Derakhshan-B, JES 17 (2), 242-251Evaluating the Impact of
DG Presence on Reclosers, Fuses and Over-current Relays Coordination in Distribution
System, Journal of Electrical Systems, 2021, ISI
49. M Shakeri, N Ardalani, P Derakhshan-Barjoei, Improvement of Network Throughput by
Providing CAODV-Based Routing Algorithm in Cognitive Radio Ad Hoc Networks
Wireless Personal Communications 113, 893-903,Springer, 2021, ISI
50. M Shakeri, N Ardalani, P Derakhshan,,Minimization of Outage Probability using Joint
Channel and Power Assignment in Dual and Multi Hop Cognitive Radio Ad Hoc
Networks, Majlesi Journal of Electrical Engineering 14 (1), 71-76, 2021, Scopus
51. M.Bahadorzadeh, P. Derakhshan-Barjoei, Urgent Heart Disease Diagnosis before
Surgery: A Computer Aided, Journal of Modern Technology and Engineering,2018.
52. S. Khosravi, M. Zamanifar, P. Derakhshan-Barjoei, Analysis of Bifurcations in a Wind
Turbine System Based on DFIG, Emerging Science Journal, 2 (1), 39-52,2018. Scopus,
53. M. Jamalinia, P. Derakhshan-Barjoei, Intelligent design of a high-frequency resonant
power converter for electrostatic precipitator using a particle swarm optimization, Int.
Journal of Research in Advanced Engineering and Technology, 4 (1), 09-15,2018.
54. P. Derakhshan-Barjoei,M. Bahadorzadeh,E. Foroozandeh, Heart Disease Diagnosis
Using Image Processing By Cuckoo Algorithm before Surgery, Research in Medical &
Engineering Sciences, 3 (4), 1-3,2018.
55. P. Derakhshan-Barjoei,M. Bahadorzadeh,E. A. Arabzadeh, Diagnosis of diabetes through
thermal images of the sole of the foot using the nearest neighbor algorithm, Medical
Journal of Mashhad University of Medical Sciences ,2021,scopus- revised.
1. Derakhshan . P, ”Field and Waves”, Book, Islamic Azad University Press, 2008.
2. Derakhshan .P, F. Kakanaeini, “ Special language for electronic and communication
engineering” ,Book , Tadvin press,2010.
3. Moghomi, M.R, Derakhshan, P, “ Automotive Steering and suspension system”,Book,
Planning and research idea:
1) IAU, 2011, “Analysis and optimization of resource allocation
and protocol management in intelligent wireless sensor networks
for underwater military systems.”
2) IAU, 2011, “Analysis and optimal topology of intelligent
wireless sensor networks for military systems.”
3) IAU, 2017, “Automatic Interpretation Clock Drawing Test to Assess
Schizophrenia Patients Based on CLOX and Shulman Scoring Systems
Using Fuzzy Logic Algorithm”.