This procedure applies to complaints that relate to content, procedures or policies that are the responsibility of IJRIE or our editorial staff. Complaints may provide an opportunity and a spur for improvement, and we aim to respond quickly, courteously, and constructively. The procedure outlined below aims to be fair to those making complaints and those complained about.
Making a Complaint
Complaints should be directly emailed to [email protected], and will be dealt with confidentially.
Complaints at CAND are coordinated by the complaints team with individual complaints handled by the relevant member of the editorial team and the opportunity for escalation if they cannot be resolved.
• In the case that this initial response is felt to be insufficient, the complainant can request that their complaint is escalated to a more senior member of the team.
• If the complainant remains unhappy, complaints may be escalated to an executive editor and ultimately the editor in chief, whose decision is final.
• If a complainant remains unhappy after what the editor-in-chief considers a definitive reply, the complainant may complain to an external body.
Complaints that are not under the control of the CAND's editorial staff will be sent to the relevant heads of department within REA Publishing.
Complaints sent to the CAND's chairman or chief executive officer will usually be referred to the editor-in-chief.
• All complaints will be formally acknowledged within three working days.
• If possible a full response will be made within two weeks. If this is not possible, an interim response will be given within two weeks. Further interim responses will be provided until the complaint is resolved.