Document Type : Original Article
School of Economics and Management, China Three Gorges University, China.
Humanity is currently experiencing one of the short periods of transition thanks to novel sensing solutions for smart cities that bring the future to today. Overpopulation of cities demands the development of solid strategic planning that uses infrastructure, innovation, and technology to adapt to rapid changes. To improve mobility in cities with a larger and larger vehicle fleet, a novel sensing solution that is the cornerstone of a smart parking system, the smart vehicular presence sensor (SPIN-V, in its Spanish abbreviation), is presented. The SPIN-V is composed of a small single-board computer, distance sensor, camera, LED indicator, buzzer, and battery and devoted to obtain the status of a parking space. This smart mobility project involves three main elements, namely the SPIN-V, a mobile application, and a monitoring center, working together to monitor, control, process, and display the parking space information in real-time to the drivers. In addition, the design and implementation of the three elements of the complete architecture are presented.
- Mohapatra, H., & Rath, A. K. (2020). Fault‐tolerant mechanism for wireless sensor network. IET wireless sensor systems, 10(1), 23-30.
- Mohapatra, H., & Rath, A. K. (2019). Fault tolerance in WSN through PE‐LEACH protocol. IET wireless sensor systems, 9(6), 358-365.
- Mohapatra, H., & Rath, A. K. (2019). Detection and avoidance of water loss through municipality taps in India by using smart taps and ICT. IET wireless sensor systems, 9(6), 447-457.
- Mohapatra, H., & Rath, A. K. (2020). Survey on fault tolerance‐based clustering evolution in WSN. IET networks, 9(4), 145-155.
- Mohapatra, H., & Rath, A. K. (2021). Fault tolerance in WSN through uniform load distribution function. International journal of sensors wireless communications and control, 11(4), 385-394.
- Mohapatra, H., & Rath, A. K. (2020, October). Nub less sensor based smart water tap for preventing water loss at public stand posts. 2020 IEEE microwave theory and techniques in wireless communications (MTTW)(Vol. 1, pp. 145-150). IEEE.
- Mohapatra, H., & Rath, A. K. (2022). IoE based framework for smart agriculture. Journal of ambient intelligence and humanized computing, 13(1), 407-424.
- Mohapatra, H., & Rath, A. K. (2021). A fault tolerant routing scheme for advanced metering infrastructure: an approach towards smart grid. Cluster computing, 24(3), 2193-2211.
- Mohapatra, H., & Rath, A. K. (2021). An IoT based efficient multi-objective real-time smart parking system. International journal of sensor networks, 37(4), 219-232.
- Mohapatra, H., & Rath, A. K. (2019). Fault tolerance through energy balanced cluster formation (EBCF) in WSN. In Smart innovations in communication and computational sciences(pp. 313-321). Springer, Singapore.
- Panda, H., Mohapatra, H., & Rath, A. K. (2020). WSN-based water channelization: an approach of smart water. In Smart cities—opportunities and challenges(pp. 157-166). Springer, Singapore.
- Mohapatra, Hitesh; Rath, Amiya Kumar: 'IoT-based smart water' [Control, Robotics & Sensors, 2020], 'IoT Technologies in Smart Cities: From sensors to big data, security and trust', Chap. 3, pp. 63-82, DOI: 0.1049/PBCE128E_ch3, IET Digital Library. https://www.amazon.com/IoT-Technologies-SmartCities-security-Robotics/dp/1785618695
- Mohapatra, H. (2021, September). Socio-technical challenges in the implementation of smart city. 2021 international conference on innovation and intelligence for informatics, computing, and technologies (3ICT)(pp. 57-62). IEEE.
- Mohapatra, H. (2020). Offline drone instrumentalized ambulance for emergency situations. IAES international journal of robotics and automation, 9(4), 251-255.
- Mohapatra, H., & Rath, A. K. (2020). Fundamentals of software engineering: designed to provide an insight into the software engineering concepts. BPB Publications.
- Mohapatra, H. (2021). Designing of fault tolerant models for wireless sensor network(Doctoral dissertation, Ph. D Dissertation, Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology). Retrieved from http://hdl.handle.net/10603/333160
- Mohapatra, H., & Rath, A. K. (2020). Social distancing alarming through proximity sensors for COVID-19. Easy chair, 18. https://wvvw.easychair.org/publications/preprint_download/dMGk
- H. (2021). Smart city with wireless sensor network, ISBN-13: 979-8791261380, KDP, 2021.
- Mohapatra, H. (2018). C Programming: practice.cpp. Independently Publisher.
- Mohapatra, Hitesh; Rath, Amiya Kumar, ’Smart Bike Wheel Lock for Public Parking’, Application Number: 336834-001.
- Mohapatra, H., & Rath, A. K. (2020). Advancing generation Z employability through new forms of learning: quality assurance and recognition of alternative credentials. DOI: 13140/RG.2.2.33463.06560
- Mohapatra, H. (2009). HCR using neural network (PhD’s Desertion, Biju Patnaik University of Technology). Retrieved from https://www.academia.edu/29846341/HCR_English_using_Neural_Network
- Mohapatra, H. (2019). Ground level survey on sambalpur in the perspective of smart water(No. 1918). Retrieved from https://easychair.org/publications/preprint/CWpb